- 3 pounds peaches, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of ground mace
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large egg yolk lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon of water (for egg wash)
- We decided to save time and get the premade from the grocery, but if you are a die-hard chef, we salute you as you make your own from scratch! Here’s recipe if you are feeling ambitious: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/perfect-pie-crust-recipe.html
- Preheat over to 425F.
- Toss peaches with lemon juice in large bowl. Stir together flour, sugar, salt and mace in a small bowl, add to peaches and toss until well combined. Set aside.
- Fill pie crust with filling, mounding it slightly in center. Cut dough of extra pie crust into ¾” strips and place over filling leaving space between. Then run additional strips leaving space between perpendicular. Fold overhang and pinch around edge of pie. Brush butter over edges and top crust. (OPTION: sprinkle raw sliced almonds on top!)
- Bake pie for 20 minutes. Reduce temp to 375F and bake until golden brown and filling is bubbling (about 45 minutes more)